In a world where digital marketing has become highly prevalent, it is necessary to track emails and collect information like email open rates, the number of clicks on links in emails, and the number of downloads of email attachments and such. This helps use important features like web beacons and read receipts that help users monitor the email delivery to the recipients. Enterprises use email tracking tools in their sales and marketing departments to understand the engagement points and improve communication with prospective customers. They are essential for evaluating and improving the messaging via the sales and marketing channels to increase prospect engagement. There is direct integration with email platforms, and the implementation of such software is just an addition to the products used by sales and marketing. In this article, you will learn about the best email tracking tools and software available.
Tips on Choosing the Best Email Tracking Tool
Most of the email tracking tools and software are free, and you can test them out to see which one works for you well. However, you need to have a thorough understanding of your business, and you need to research a lot on the email tracking tools to see what fits your need.
Free Email Tracking Tools and Software List
FreshSales brings you software that is easy to set up and use and does not need much customization. Their products are backed by world-class support and do not cost a fortune. They provide your team with an AI-based lead scoring, phone, email, activity capture, and more. They help you have relevant conversations and get smarter with email. With their CRM email integration, you can track how the emails perform from your sales CRM.
- Sales campaign: You can reach out to your mailing list in seconds and send personalized emails
- Personalized templates: You can type and save your well written personalized emails as templates and send emails in real-time
- Email metrics: Track the open and click rates to understand what emails perform well and what needs to be discarded
- Sales first inbox: Get an automatic listing of every open thread from the inbox
What Customers Loved: They are trusted by over 40,000 customers, including Dyson, FlyRobe, FabHotels, and such. The VP of Sales of Chargebee says, “We initially had Salesforce CRM but didn’t really use it. The instance was incredibly complicated because it allows for so much customization that you end up doing nothing. So when we explored Freshsales CRM, the first thing I remember saying is, okay, the interface is clean and simple.”
They bring for you a large number of tools for client management, tasks, and projects, customer support, internal communications, and e-commerce. It is one of the best knowledge management and collaboration platforms that actively helps in improvement within organizations by combining the most popular collaboration tools. It is available on both- cloud and on-premise platforms with open source access codes.
- CRM: Fully functional free CRM with custom sales stages, custom fields in CRM, and more.
- Email Marketing: Free unlimited email marketing with email templates, servers, lead creations, workflow automation, and more.
- Leads: They help efficiently create leads from mails.
- Mailchimp integration: Their MailChimp integration helps manage address lists without leaving the Bitrix24 portal, launch mailing campaigns, view abbreviated campaign statistics, and evaluate campaign effectiveness.
What Customers Loved: More than 7,00,000 customers trust Bitrix. The CEO of Educatoriana Industrial Termoval Cia. Ltd. says, “We chose Bitrix24 because, during the trial period, it was far superior to other software that we had used previously. In addition, the design was very similar to the most popular social networks, which has made our work very fluid without adding any stress during our daily tasks. As a result, we’ve become more productive and driven.”
3. Agile CRM
They are known to help you sell and market like you are one of the Fortune 500 and help in efficient sales enablement, marketing automation, and customer service. It is an all-in-one and extremely affordable software that helps avoid data leaks and helps with consistent messaging. They offer all the modern features and integrations with each implementation and great support, all at a very affordable price and their cloud-based SaaS service is mobile-ready and easy to use.
- Track Performance: They show you what emails are opened, the ones that have been clicked on, who opens them, and the actions leads took on your site after clicking through, and they provide real-time notifications on these metrics
- Lead scoring and segmentation: Helps score leads and add tags according to their behavior and the demographic information that you have
- Campaign Analytics: helps run reports to find out which emails work the best.
What Customers Loved: They are trusted by more than 15,000 customers who religiously vouch for them, and the Head of Strategy of WebReception says, “Agile CRM is the coolest, easiest and by far the most productive CRM I’ve ever used. Within 20 minutes, we had customized the CRM and sent out a complex outbound email campaign. We’re already converting our leads. Insane!”
They actively help you become an email marketing expert and provide you some of the best and advanced tools which include the live 24*7 support and the latest features such as landing pages and automation. They help you create some really good email campaigns and help with its management. You can simply drag email blocks and drop them where you want and get access to their pre-built blocks which support a number of designs, videos, social media networks, and dynamic content.
- Click Map: helps gain insight into how your audience interacts with your emails.
- Easy link tracking: shows what your audience engages with the most, so you can make the right changes to improve performance.
What Customers Loved: They have more than 985,000 customers all over the world, which includes BMW, GoPro, Typeform, and more. The Researcher at Typeform says, “We love the simplicity and flexibility of MailerLite. It’s helped us connect Typeform’s online magazine with our audience as we’ve grown from a small to mid-sized startup.”
The free tracking for Gmail shows you when your emails were accessed and all such activities. It is fast and lightweight and has seamless integration with Gmail. They have a very easily comprehensible system where a single tick mark means that the mail has been delivered and the double tick mark means that it has been opened. They provide very accurate information and are reliable.
- Email activity: you can see if the emails have been opened in your mailbox
- Secure data: they comply with complete privacy and do not share any information with third parties
- Real-time notifications: sends real-time notification pop-ups when your emails are opened
What Customers Loved: There are more than 1,300,000 happy MailTrack users which include Uber, Linked In, Yahoo, Harvard College, and more. Dr. Tom Colletti says that it is reliable and says, “Great to know my important emails are being delivered and read.”
Boomerang is a very powerful email tracking software that you can access from your Gmail compose window. You simply have to install it, and enable read receipts or click tracking for whatever emails you write, simply by clicking on the envelope button that appears on the bottom right side of your compose window. It will add an image at the bottom of the email to indicate that you’ve requested a read receipt
- Respects privacy: Their read receipt respects the privacy and tries to build trust
- Manage page: On the manage page, you can see the details of all the emails that you have tracked
- Easy to use: You simply have to install and enable click tracking and read receipts
- What Customers Loved: Scott Carley says, “For email tracking in Gmail, I use Boomerang! I’ve had really good results.”
Best Email Tracking Tools and Software List
They provide you all the services within Gmail and it includes- mail merge, email marketing, mass email, cold email, and more. They help in securing the highest open rates. They use Gmail to send mail merge campaigns and have automatic follow-ups emails, and can be connected to google sheets, and can send emails as replies to the last thread with each person.
- Mail merge: merged with google sheets to send a personalized mass email using any of the columns in your spreadsheet.
- Mass mail according to search results: Helps find messages containing recipients to whom you want to email. Then click the Build Email List button, and a Compose window will load containing the email addresses found in those messages.
- Campaigns as replies: Gets emails sent as new messages or as replies to the last conversation with each recipient
- Analytics: Campaign level reports that show how many people opened, clicked, replied, and bounced.
- What Customers Loved: Their customers highly rely on it and vouch for it.
They bring to you a sales engagement platform and B2B data all in one. It has been built with entrepreneurs, sales, and marketing in mind and tried to help them and help you and your teams. They help a great deal in engaging your prospects and converting them into loyal customers. They also help in the growth of your business by managing your teams, monitoring the performance of your campaigns and each team member, analyzing reports directly from your dashboard.
- Analytics: Track your sent, delivery, open, click-through, reply, and bounce rates and undertsand customer engagement
- What works and what does not: Filter the stats for each campaign and team member and understand the results simply
- Optimizations: Pinpoint the winning subject and use A/B testing and optimize campaigns
What Customers Loved: Their customers include PayPal, Microsoft, Rogers, and more, and they completely love it. The CO-CEO of Predictable Revenue says, “Great Email-Automation Tool with a large database! After using Autoklose for a few weeks, we can definitely recommend it to other businesses! With an amicable and straightforward interface, it’s easy getting to know all the features and create your first campaigns. In addition, the huge database helped us reach out to thousands of leads, saving us time. We really like Autoklose!”
3. Right Inbox
Right Inbox is truly passionate about the productivity of your emails and offers a whole bunch of features to make your email campaigns better. Furthermore, it is free, and you have to add it to your Gmail to make it a whole different experience.
- Real time insights: On your own Gmail inbox, you can see as a recipient reads your email or clicks a link within your email.
- Tracking: Simply explain whether you want to track opens or link clicks or both and you’ll get real-time updates on recipients interacting with your emails.
- Follow ups: Track when and how often the recipient interacts with your emails and send follow ups accordingly.
What Customers Loved: More than 2,50,000 professionals use the right Inbox to better email campaigns which include Netflix, HubSpot, SalesForce, and more. One of the Sales Managers says, “This extension is the best. The look is so clean and integrates so smoothly; it feels like it’s created by Gmail, unlike others.”
This email app that is known to improve Gmail’s functionality is rich in features and aims at powering the fast-growing companies that care for customer experience. They help get more replies, meetings, and deals. In addition, they help in the analysis of performance trends and improve processes from a bird’s eye view.
- Precise email tracking: They show you exactly who is opening your email, what they’re reading, and their engagement over time
- Opened attachment stats: Shows how your links and individual attachments perform from a person, sequence, or global view
- Email and slack alerts: Helps make flexible alerts based on email engagement across text
What Customers Loved: Their customers include Canva, Gong, HelpScout, and more, and they love the results they bring. The Head of Talent Acquisition of Mix Panel says, “Mixmax improves our operational excellence and reduces our close time.”
These are some of the best email tracking tools which would effectively help in gaining better insights. Email campaigns and tracking are some of the key elements of digital marketing. You need to see who opens and does not open the email and measure the conversions and such. The mentioned email tracking tools and the best and would help you a lot.